Saturday, September 4, 2010

My son just left today to go to Rocky Mountain National Park to hike Long's Peak, a 14,000 ft mountain. Yes as a mother I am worried about the whole thing. But he is with very good friends of ours and I know they are very responsible people. So I guess I have to leave it all up to God. So if anyone is out there in blog land that reads this, please pray for my son's safety. I do have a little bit of a good reason for worrying - there have been 2 people die up there just this year. One of which was last week. The man feel 800 ft to his death. Okay now do you see what I'm talking about?
The top picture is of the boulder field that they have to cross before getting to the key hole which after that is the roughest part. The bottom pic is of the mountain that looks a lot more tranquil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...