Tuesday, September 28, 2010

We left home on Monday. We are headed to Tennessee for the National Storytelling Festival. Here are some shots of our trip. I thought maybe I'd use this as a trip diary then, when and if I put together a scrapbook of the trip, I'll have a running record of our trip.
We need this trip really bad. We all need to get away for a while.

This is a restaurant that we found in Hays Kansas. It was really good, Don wanted to try and find some more on the road but they were never in the places that we stopped.That night we stayed at the Hampton Inn and ate at the Cracker Barrel. Sam was able to beat the peg game 3 or 4 times. On the second day I was able to lay in the back seat and read the newest edition of Artful Blogging magazine.Here's my cool cute son at Freddy's.


While driving we found the Family Comedy Channel on Sirius and listened to it almost the whole way. We laughed so hard, it was so much fun. It made the miles go by so fast. But when we stopped it felt like we were still on the comedy show because everyone became a comedian.


While reading the Artful Blogging magazine I had some thoughts on what to do on my blog and hopefully how to make it a little better. Each blog that was featured told of how they started it to have an outlet for their art. Some only post pics of their art and a few inspiring words for the day. I'm not sure if my 'art' is that good to host a site only for that. I think this will just be another journal, something to use as an outlet. But and that's a big BUT I never know if anyone will ever read this, anyone that I may know and just how much do I want them to know. So I guess this will be a work in progress. We'll just see how much will be posted.


If anyone is out there and happens to stop by to look at what I've posted would you please let me know. It would be nice to know that my blog did land in the land of the blogs - Blogland. But if not I guess I'll just write to myself.
This last picture is of the decor of a BBQ restaurant we ate at in Cookeville TN. You know you're in the south when they use a Billy Beer can as part of the decorations. funny
Tomorrow I may post a few more things I learned from the magazine.







No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...