Saturday, June 30, 2012

DIY Butcher Block Table/Kitchen Island

I just wanted to share with you a little DIY project that I did.
The preacher, who does all of the cooking in the family, (yea! for me), has this great big butcher block that he likes to use for all of his cutting needs. It used to sit on the counter next to the stove but it was so big and it was really in the way.

I found this side table at my work place. It was being stored in the upstairs storage area. I asked if I could purchase it if they were not going to use it any longer but to my surprise my boss picked it up and carried it out to my car and said that I could have it. Free is good!

So I took it home, sanded down the legs, spray painted it black, the preacher then placed the butcher block on top (it fit perfectly) and screwed some long screws in from the bottom. That block is not going any where.
We then placed it in the center of our kitchen. It sits in between the stove and the sink and it works perfectly!

The preacher is happy to have more space to make a beautiful mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...