Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Mitford Series


Are you looking for a good read? I highly recommend the Mitford Series by Jan Karon.
I just finished her latest in the series, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good.

I first discovered this series years ago, back in 1995, when a good friend of ours had read the first book, At Home in Mitford, and then she gave it to my mother-in-law to read. My mother-in-law then gave it to me to read and we were all hooked.

I immediately was pulled into the little fictional town of Mitford, North Carolina. I loved Father Tim and was always looking forward to the next book to see what he would be doing next.

If you like books that are part of a series, please don't hesitate to read this series. There are a total of ten books and you must start with number one. You will get pulled into Father Tim's life and it won't take long to get through the whole series. I just finished because I have read each and everyone, since that first book, as soon as it was released.

If you do decide to read these books, please don't hesitate to let me know how you are enjoying them.

Love from the Preacher and I





No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...