Tuesday, September 19, 2017

treasuring all these things in my heart

I have always treasured the things our son has said or did.

When he was little I would sometimes write down those things and then. at a later date, use them in my scrap-booking pages. But since he has been living on his own, I have not had the opportunities to hear or see many of these moments.


Recently the Preacher and I traveled to Texas to visit our son during his time off from work. While there, he needed to finish working on his car so we spent many hours visiting him while he had his head either inside the top of his car engine or under it. He also had a couple of friends there helping him.



During these times he said and did some things that I just had to write down and treasure in my heart. 

After purchasing pizza and drinks for him and his friends, our son said, "You guys are the best!"

After the Preacher helped him work on his car and helped with purchasing tools, nuts and bolts, he said, "Dad, I really appreciate it!"



When we first saw our son he gave me a hug, but later on in the day, he wrapped is arms around me and kissed me on top of the head and said, "Come here mom, I haven't given you a proper hug yet."

These things might seem minor to you but having not seen our son for 5 months, they just seemed extra special to me.


Love from the Preacher and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...