Wednesday, October 3, 2018

bridges, love and graffiti

The Bridges of Madison County, especially the Roseman Bridge, have taken on a new meaning for a lot of people. They are not just a by-gone mode of transportation over a river, they are a symbol of love due to the book, The Bridges of Madison County, published back in 1992.

It was a legendary love story of a forbidden love. And people now come far and wide to get a glimpse of the bridge where it all started. Some come to stand in front of the bridge, get down on one knee and declare their love and get engaged and even some get married there.

While walking through the bridges you see that people have left their mark. They have written their name and the name of the one they love on the beams of the bridges. I don't condone graffiti but I couldn't help, when reading some of them, but to smile knowing that they are declaring their love for all the world to see. I don't know Jim and Kerrie but on the date they wrote their names I know they loved each other.

I had to take some pictures of the 'love graffiti', I even found 'Jesus graffiti' and I took a picture of Olivia's graffiti. I thought Olivia's was just too cute not to share. Also there was one that talked about dancing in the rain. I thought it was very fitting for the Preacher and I. On the day we visited the bridges it was raining but we had a great time driving to each bridge and reading all of the love letters in each one.

The last picture is someone declaring that graffiti is wrong which I thought very funny.










No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...