Thursday, March 21, 2019

outside my window



I look outside my window 
I am taken by surprise
Rush outside my doorway
Let the sunrise feel my eyes


I climb upon a rock
And I listen to the stream
Watch the sunrise come
See it shining through the trees

Look across the mountain
Watch the haze fade
Listen to the forest
With the coming of the day


The birds begin to sing
And I watch one take flight
They are also happy
At the passing of the night


 The forest it fills with sunlight 
And the colors slowly fade
Sing a song to the morning
To welcome the day

So I open my eyes and smile
And I start another day
Wipe my hands across my eyes
As the colors slowly fade


(author unknown)






No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...