Thursday, April 16, 2020

lies that i tell myself


The Preacher has begun looking at some ideas for new sermon series for the rest of the year. He needed something that would tie into Mother's Day and Father's Day.

I had purchased this book last year thinking that he might be able to use it for Mother's Day but he went in a different direction.

So this year when he and I were discussing his sermon plans, I reminded him of this book. He asked me to look over the chapter headings and let him know out of all of the chapters what were the topics that I thought women would want to know the truth about.

The book deals with the lies that we as women tell ourselves and the author then tells you what truths the Lord wants you to hear.

So I looked them over and this is what I saw:
"About God" the lie is that God doesn't love me.
"About Themselves" the lie is that I'm not worth anything and physical beauty matters more than inner beauty.
"About Sin" the lie is that my sin isn't really that bad.
"About Priorities" the lie is that I don't have time to do everything I'm supposed to do.
"About Marriage" the lie is that it is my job to change my mate.
"About Children" the lie is that I can't control/can control the way my children turn out and that I'm not a good mother.
"About Emotions" the lie is that if I feel something it must be true.
"About Circumstances" the lie is that I just can't take any more.

We need the truth told by the Lord so that we will not believe these lies anymore.

There are several more "lies" that we tell ourselves that are discussed in the book. These are just a few that I pointed out to him that he could possibly use for his series.

I would encourage you to pick up the book and read it. There might just be a lie that you have been telling yourself that the author has put in the book. 

There is also this book for men

The preacher will be discussing a few of the lies that men tell themselves when he starts this sermon series. 

Maybe you and your husband/boyfriend/fiance' might want to pick both of them up and read them together as a devotional. There are a few topics/lies that do overlap.

The funny thing is, is that the women's book just happens to have a few more pages than the men's book. I don't know but maybe that says something about us women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...