Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scrabble

On Friday, Nov 19, we had a Family Game Night here at the church. We had a very good turn out of adults and children. Sam asked if I would play Scrabble with he and his friends. We had a great time playing. It is so cool to think that Sam enjoys playing this game. When I was young, Sam's age and younger, my family, on my mother's side, would all get together on Sunday afternoons and play Scrabble. I remember how fierce of a competition it would be with my Grandfather Nelson. (He would not allow the dictionary to be cracked open unless someone disputed a word.) Now here Sam and I are playing together. This is one of those neat memories I will always keep and I hope someday he will enjoy playing the game with his family. (We are much more easy going with the dictionary thing. HA!)




As you can see I didn't win, Sam's friend Marcos won pretty easy. I got stuck with Z and J and no where to put them.

Do you have a favorite game you like to play with your family? If you do let me know.

The craft fair is done. I'm glad that it is because I was so stressed out before and during. I will post some of the pics from the fair at a later date. Right now I've got to get home and get some work done for PSA Essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...