Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life Beautiful - No Worries

Have you seen this magazine? I had discovered it a long time ago through a blog that I visit. I bought one at that time and then forgot about it, even thinking that it may have gone under and was not even being published anymore. Then one day my husband and I were in Loveland on a shopping trip. I went in to Barnes & Noble and there it was. Of course I bought it without even browsing through it first. This is a wonderful magazine. It is full of great information; everything from decorating your home to short little studies. The subtitle on the front reads: Faith for Your Journey.

The reason this issue seems to be of more importance is because I am going through a season of worry. Worry over our finances. Within the last year we have lost quite a bit of money each month in income and when you have lost that much you can understand how I can be stressed How am I going to pay my bills? All was going okay until November when our savings, that was keeping us afloat, began to run out.

But just when I was feeling very overwhelmed God was there. A guest speaker came to our church and something he said in his sermon hit me. He said "Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is." When he said that it was like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I realized I had not been giving this problem of finances over to my God. I was holding on to the problem. I was not letting Him be God and taking care of my finances.

Every month since then I still worry but I have been making a conscience effort to give it to God. And each month He has been reminding me of who He is. And this is why I am blogging about this lovely magazine. Even though I bought the magazine the first of January, it was just a few days ago that I actually opened it up to read it (at just the moment I needed it). There it was, the way God was showing me He is bigger than my problems. It came in an article by Joyce Meyer. She was talking about how she and her husband had gone through a time in their lives when they needed a miracle to pay their bills each month. (I could relate.) She was angry at God, and at her husband for not helping her worry over the situation. (I could relate.) She says that she realized that what she needed was to spend time with God, rather than her checkbook. She concluded her article saying, "I want to encourage you to live by faith, not fear."

It is amazing to me that when my worries seem just about ready to defeat me, God steps in and sends me these wonderful little messages. He is always letting me know that He is in control.
Matthew 6:26 reminds me that God takes care of the birds and ask the question, "Are you not much more valuable than they?" I have written on my mirror the word 'sparrow' so that each morning I can remember that I am valued by God just as his sparrows and each and every day He will take care of me, my husband, my son and even our finances.

God has been blessing us with just the right amount of money each month to get through. I am so thankful for His blessings.

I want to encourage you to look closely, look around you, God is with you and He will let you know of His presence in the smallest and the most opportune times.

"Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feed them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matt 6:26-27


No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...