Friday, June 27, 2014

12 Tags of 2014/May / Where Have All the Scrapbooking Stores Gone?


12 Tags of 2014 - May



















Last Sunday, I was finally able to finish 2014 May's tag. While the preacher and son were watching the World Cup, I worked on my tag. Again, you can check out Tim Holtz' blog to see his original.

Everything I put on the tag I had in my over abundance of goodies, stashed away from years and years of collecting. If anyone would like to know what company or what manufacturer I purchased these items from, well I'm sorry, but I don't have the original packaging for about 90% of my stash.

On a side note regarding purchasing scrapbook goodies -- I just received a Facebook post from Archiver's, that Two Peas in a Bucket is closing!! First Archiver's and now Two Peas?? Two Peas has been around for 15 years! When I worked at Scrapbook Fanatic (who also closed a few years ago), I would get on their website to find quotes to put on the pages that I was designing. Then I began to upload some of my own work into their Gallery. It was fun to go into the Gallery and search for pages, mini-albums, etc, to get ideas or just to see what was out there.

Unfortunately, the digital age has begun to overtake the brick and mortar stores and now even the on-line stores. It seems that so many people are making their scrapbook pages, their cards, and even their art journals, through digital processing programs.  Me, I have to be able to touch and feel the product I am using. When we would get new product in at the store, I would pull everything out and touch it and feel it, get a sense of what it would look like on a page through touch. Some of the girls would make fun of me, but I didn't care. It was my way of getting the creative juices flowing.
And now you can order just about anything you need through websites like Amazon or just go directly to the manufacturers website. There is something about walking into a scrapbooking store. You just get excited about all the possibilities. Well, hopefully, Michael's and Hobby Lobby will stay open. (I know Hobby Lobby is iffy.)

In the mean time, I do have a lot of product stashed away in the closet of my home. Who knew, my hoarding of scrapbooking supplies would end up being a good thing?!


P.S. If you live here in Colorado, there is a store in the Loveland area, Artsy Stamps, and in Estes Park you can find Rocky Mountain Memories. Both are small. Artsy focuses mostly on card making but they do have a lot of product that can be used for both cards and scrapbooking. Rocky Mountain Memories also has a lot of card making items and a lot of their papers are centered around the outdoors and the National Park there. Also, both have a small area where they have classes during the month.
      If you happen to know of any other stores, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...