Friday, June 13, 2014

New Name, New Post, New Beginnings

I have decided to give this blog thing another try. 

I saw that someone on Pinterest had pinned the picture of the butcher block table the preacher and I had made, and I had posted the pictures of the table here on my blog. So that made me check back on my blog. I couldn't believe it had been that long since I had posted anything. So it got me thinking.....let's try this again.

My old address of my blog was Linda's basement scraps and it is no longer relevant. My son came up with the name because, at the time, I had a scrapbooking room in our unfinished basement. After my mother-in-law passed away, we all went through a bit of depression (she lived with us at the time). Going down into the basement was not something I enjoyed any longer. So I began bringing a few things upstairs. Little by little, I have moved things into baskets, boxes, just anywhere I can. I now am working from my kitchen table. Back to the place where I began scrapbooking 19 years ago. I enjoy it more, I'm with my family, not alone in a dingy basement.

I have changed the name to The Preacher and I. This new name is more generic. I have decided to post more than just scrapbooking and crafts. I would like to post more of my thoughts on Bible Studies, scriptures, life events, etc. I will also post about my new adventures in art journaling, painting, and scrapbooking too.

Hopefully I can get on here two to three times a week. I did enjoy blogging before and I have missed it.
I don't have any followers at this point, but that's okay. Sometimes it's good to just write things down.

If you are reading this, I hope you will continue to look me up once in awhile. If you see something on here that you like, be sure to leave me a comment, pin it, or you can like me on facebook.

So here's to a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...