Friday, September 26, 2014

Bible Art Journaling - A New Adventure

For 19 years I have been a scrapbooker. I have loved the art of scrapbooking since the first time I put an adhesive square on the back of a picture and stuck it on decorative paper to create a page memorializing our family's life together. I have grown in this art form, right along with the growth of the industry. Always trying new techniques and materials.



My next adventure came when I discovered art journaling. I had found an old ledger book at an auction, and I began to collect the supplies for art journaling and I was hooked. If you're not familiar with this type of art, just type in 'art journaling' into the keyword search box on Pinterest or YouTube and there you will see so many examples. 




Then in December of last year I discovered painting on canvas. As a Christmas present to a friend, I signed us up to take a painting class. I had so much fun that I have taken 2 more classes and I'm beginning to try my own creations at home. The preacher likes to show off my paintings to everyone who visits. He calls me an artist but there's something daunting about that label.


Now to tell you about my newest adventure in Bible Art Journaling. I had found a pin on Pinterest by Shanna Noel and I found what she had done in her Bible so fascinating. (Again, if you are not familiar with this, go onto Pinterest or YouTube.) The Bible she was using was an ESV translation by Crossway. It has a 2" margin on the left and right sides for note taking. But what Shanna did was so much more than taking notes -- she used those margins to art journal. How awesome is that?! Reading the Word of God and art journaling? Perfect!



I was a little hesitant about starting this new venture, but one day I saw on Facebook a picture of a Journaling Bible. A friend had posted pictures of her first entry in her new Bible. I commented back to her and she, knowing my love of scrapbooking, encouraged me to start.

Now I have begun my own ESV Journaling Bible and I love it! (I found this Bible on Amazon.) I even found a Facebook Group dedicated to this art form, so many women loving the Word and expressing that love through their art. 

I take notes each Sunday during the preacher's sermon, writing down keywords that stand out to me within the scripture. Then sometime during the week I'll go back in my Bible and enter these words in the 2" margin next to the scripture we studied. 



I am having so much fun with my new adventure - Bible Art Journaling!

Do you love to take notes, do you love to highlight your scriptures, then be sure to check into this Bible. You do not need to do anything 'artsy', it's just fun expressing what you feel while reading a scripture.

Love from the preacher and i!


No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...