Monday, November 24, 2014

10 Things I Am Thankful For


Today begins our Thanksgiving Week and I thought I would share 10 things that I am thankful for. 

These are not put into any particular order.

  1.  My Husband - the Preacher: I thank God everyday for this man. He is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without him.
  2. My Son: I am so proud of the man that he has become. He has been my joy ever since he was born. I am so proud that he has chosen to join the military and defend his country.
  3. My Family: We live far away from our families, 4 states separate us, and yet I know that they would be here for us if we should ever need them. We have been through good times and the bad times together and we always stay strong together. Unfortunately we don't get to see each other or talk with each other as often as we should but I pray that they know that we love them.
  4. My Church: The Preacher and I love our church family here in Colorado. They are special people. The same for our families is true with the people here, they are our family in Christ and we know that they are here for us. 
  5. My Friends: The one good thing that comes out of moving to different locations is that you now have friends from all over. We have loved all of the people that have become our friends over the years. They have been so good to us and we have enjoyed so many special and precious memories with them.
  6. My Home: It doesn't matter where we live, I am thankful for the homes that the Preacher, our son and I have lived in. When the Preacher and I first married we didn't have a place to call home and we lived in a tent for 3 months until we were able to stay in a room at the stables where we worked at the time. Since then we have lived in different apartments, a house in Florida and now our beautiful log home here in Colorado. Every where we have lived the Lord has provided a roof over our head and kept us safe and warm. 
  7. Travel: I am thankful that the Preacher and I are able to travel. We love to discover new places. At this time in our lives we're not able to travel as much as we would like but we love to get away on our 'weekends' and go and see the beautiful sites here in Colorado. Every once in awhile we both look at each other and say, "It's time for a road trip!"
  8. Facebook: I know this may sound silly to some, but this year Facebook has connected me to friends that I haven't heard from in quite some time. Also, since our son joined the military, we have discovered that his Company has a Facebook page and we are able to experience just a fraction of what his daily life is like, not to mention the occasional picture he might just be in. It has helped us both to feel better about his being so far away from us. (Just a side note - a woman was telling us that when her husband was in Vietnam, even though she may receive a letter from him, she wasn't sure if he had been killed or not until she received the next letter. So you see why Facebook is a wonderful tool for the military families to have in today's technical world.)
  9. Prayer: I'm thankful that I can go to my Father and talk with Him. He is always there to talk to and it is a comfort to know that I can go to Him at any time.
  10. My Savior: Maybe I shouldn't put this last, but like the saying goes, 'last but not least'. I am thankful that we have a Lord and Savior who by His grace makes us new every day. I am thankful that He saved me and that one day I will be with Him and those that I love who have gone before me.
There are so many more things that I am thankful for (like Starbucks Iced Chai and pasta, any kind of pasta).

What are you thankful for this year? 
Don't miss out on letting the people in your life know that you are thankful for them.

Happy Thanksgiving from the Preacher and I


No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...