Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When Satan Attacks


Last week the Preacher's sermon was from Luke 22:31-71. Verse 31 reads:
"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."
After the service was completed a friend of mine came to me and told me that she was traveling that next week to go back to her hometown to visit her mom for Thanksgiving. She asked that the Preacher and I be in prayer for her, her family and her mother. She then asked about our son. I asked that she keep us in her prayers, pray that we would have the financial means to be able to meet him for his Christmas leave.

She must have begun praying right away because Satan began his attack on our finances! 

On Monday morning I received a phone call from our insurance agent. She explained that our mortgage company had not paid the correct amount for our home owner's insurance so she was letting me know that she had contacted them and they were going to over-night a new check to our insurance company. This new check would be $1,000.00+.

Later that day, I received an email explaining that our health insurance would be increasing by $400.00 per month beginning January 1, 2015.

On Tuesday, the Preacher took our Jeep into the dealer to have them look into any possible reasons why one of our tires was wearing so badly - much faster than the other three tires. It is wearing so badly that the Preacher believes that we'll have to replace all four tires now - approximately $500.00 for four new tires.

The Jeep dealer sent us to a body shop to test the axle/frame to see if it is bent. This diagnostic test cost us $112.00. We needed this test in order to prove to Chrysler that we did not wreck the vehicle so they will pay for the cost of fixing the camber (I think this is how you spell this.) If Chrysler doesn't pay then this will cost us approximately $225.00.

Jesus gave Peter a hint that he would overcome. He said in verse 31, "And when you have turned again...." Did you hear that? He said "when" not "if". Jesus prayed for Peter and knew that Peter would be victorious. The testing still had to come, but in the end, because of prayer, Peter came out even stronger than before.

The Preacher and I have been praying. I know my friend has been praying. I know that these prayers will be heard. I'm not saying we may not have to pay any money at all for any of these things, what I am saying is that we will be victorious because of our faith. And when we come out of this time of sifting, we will be here to 'strengthen our brothers' and to pray for whoever may ask.

Will you come together with us and pray, not only for the Preacher and I, but for anyone you may know that is going through a time of "sifting".

Love from the Preacher and I



1 comment:

  1. Stay strong my friend and I will continue to pray!!!

    Randi

    ReplyDelete

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...