Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 Good Intentions

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!  2 Corinthians 5.17

2015 - Here we are 11 days into the new year and I have just finalized by "Good Intentions" for the year.

I'm not going to call these resolutions, because I'm not sure how much resolve I have, I do have good intentions though, to do the following things:

(1)  I have gathered up the books that I have either began reading or have not read as of yet. I have good intentions on finishing these books sometime during this year. I better get started because I know that I will be buying a few more books before the year is over.

"Leading on Empty" Wayne Cordeiro
"God is Able"  Priscilla Shirer
"Love Does" Bob Goff
"Wonderstruck"  Margaret Feinberg
"bird by bird" Anne Lamott
"Love Story" Nichole Nordeman
"Battles of the Heart" Tracie Ciambotti

(2)  I have seen a few people online, through blogs or Facebook, pick a word that they want to use as their life word for the new year. I began thinking that if I were to choose a word what would it be. I contemplated a few words and what I have decided on is the word "BRAVE". Webster dictionary defines the word as 'having or showing courage'. I have good intentions to be brave this year. I want to have the courage to step out and be confident in some areas in my life where before I have been scared.   I need to stop listening to the words of doubt that come into my head when I decide to try and accomplish something I have not had the courage to do before. Also, I need to be brave and rely on the Lord instead of worrying and trying to do things on my own. I need to give those things over to Him. 
(This does not mean that I will do anything silly like zip-lines or jumping out of airplanes and the like!)  

(3) I so need to get back to art journaling. I have slacked off and I miss it. I just reorganized my supplies so maybe that will give me the incentive to start playing again.

I pray that your New Year is going well and that if you have made any "good intentions"/resolutions that you will be able to keep them all year long.

Love from the Preacher and I







No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...