Wednesday, March 11, 2015

People of the High Plains


I do believe the Preacher and I are becoming people of the high plains.

Let me explain. We moved ten years ago from south Florida where there are trees everywhere. If they cut trees down to make way for a new store or housing division they replant the trees. Here in the plains the trees are few and far between. If they cut one down they don't replant one.

There are several people who were born and raised out here and they have told us that they don't like to go out east because the trees are so thick that you can't see what's on the other side. I always thought, when I heard this, how can you not like trees?

Then we traveled to Georgia to attend our son's graduation from basic training. In Georgia the trees line the highways. Trying to find what is at an exit before actually exiting is impossible. So while driving to Columbus from Atlanta, we were trying to find an exit that had some restaurants close to the exit. Not being able to see for the trees, the Preacher kept saying, "If it wasn't for all of these trees we could see something!" right then and there I knew we had become people of the high plains!


Love from the Preacher and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...