Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What I've Been Doing In My Basement Studio

I've some new things to show you today!
I signed up to host a table at a local craft fair along with showcasing my scrapbooks in a showcase at our local community center. It all starts next month so I need to get busy and get some things done. After we got back from vacation it seemed like we hit the ground running and there hasn't been much time for getting the little extras done.




These first pics are of just 2 of the cards I completed. The stamps are from Stampin' Up. I actually got 4 cards done and how many more to go?, I'm not sure. The tag is just something I was playing around with. I thought I'd make some Christmas present tags for the show too.





These next pics are from my October book. Every October for the past 4 years I have put together an October Scrap book. It is just filled with the scraps that you would normally throw away on a daily basis. But these record what were some of the things you were doing on a day to day basis. I got the idea from Rebecca Sower. I saw her version in her book Life's Little Treasures. So I used numbered file cards, punch holes to put jump rings through. Ink the edges and then just put whatever I may have collected on that particular day. The book itself is just made with scraps from my scrap pile.
I have also posted the tag and the Christmas cards up on Two Peas In A Bucket. I'll post the October mini album after I have completed it. I hope you go on over there and check it out
Hope you enjoyed.
Now I need to call my mother to see how she is doing. She just got out of the hospital yesterday. She has a viral infection in her lungs. Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you.
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...