Friday, October 22, 2010

Reflections of a Mother's Heart


I have begun to write in this little book here. It is a book that ask you questions like, "Tell about a canning or harvesting experience." or, "Where did you go to grade school? Junior High? High School? Write about your best childhood friend(s)." Questions that spur your thinking. The concept is to write about your family, your childhood and then pass this book along to your children so that they will better know you and what your life was like. So often we don't talk about these kinds of things with our children and this book helps you do this. Plus in writing in the book your children will be able to see your own handwriting which I think is so important.
Journaling has become so important in the scrapbook world that even some don't even place importance on the art of the page, but more on the, on your, story. If you are interested in something like this little book, I'm sure you can find all kinds of variations in your local bookstore. This one was published by Word Publishing. I'm not sure where we actually bought it. Don got it for me quite some time ago as a present.
I hope you enjoy and happy journaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...