Thursday, April 21, 2011

His First Prom





My son was invited to his first Prom. He was so handsome in his suit. The name of his date is Aspen. She is a very pretty girl. The prom was held at her school at Arickaree, which is located south of here. He had a great time.
Don washed the Jeep inside and out. We let Sam drive, but I sat in the backseat, since he only has his learner's permit at this time. So when we got to the school and I left to go back home, I was a little teary eyed.
He is becoming such a good looking young man.
His dad taught him how to tie a necktie but when it came time to go, he just didn't like the way it looked, so his dad helped him get it just right. While they were doing this I was getting a little tear in my eye at this time too. I just remembered those days when he was little and we would go to Baby Gap or to some other children's clothing store. Don would take him into the dressing room to try on the clothes and then they would come out to show me how it looked. And here they were, his dad helping him to get dressed again. Wow, where did all of those years go, they went by much to fast, faster than I expected.
It did make me feel good that he gave me a little hug before I left them at the school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...