Friday, June 20, 2014

12 Tags of 2014


January






















February






















March

April
I don't do scrapbooking on a regular basis anymore. When the preacher and I lived in Florida, I was designing pages for clients and then coming home and putting together a page or two for my personal albums. Now with work, laundry, dishes, bills, you know the many reasons we have in telling ourselves why we put off doing the things we love in order to get done the necessities of life.

One day I was searching the web and came across Tim Holtz' blog. Tim has been doing the 12 Tags of .... for several years and I had heard of them but never really got into making them. This year, though, I read what he said on his post regarding his January 2014 tag -- "I don't try to discover a new and exciting technique every month, or to make something never before seen. What I make sure to do is just spend time in my studio every month making a new tag to enjoy the creative process."

That is what I miss, the 'creative process'. So, for the year of 2014, I'm going to be following Tim's tags and making my own. (That is what he is asking people to do, make their own based on his tags.) This way, at least, once a month I will be spending time enjoying the creative process!

Of course, his tags are made with all of his product. I don't have a lot of the Tim Holtz/Ranger products, so I'll be making mine out of the supplies I have on hand.

Here is my take on January - April 2014 tags. (I'm 2 months behind, I know! I didn't start until last month.)

I hope you enjoy! And if you're putting off doing what you love, well, just stop it! and start giving yourself some time each week or each month to enjoy your creative process!

Be sure to check out Tim's blog to see his originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one last blanket

  This little baby blanket has a story behind it. My mother is in a nursing home due to a severe stroke that weakened her legs and her hands...